Post-workout protein shakes and smoothies can get a bit dull. So we've played around with our protein powder range and have created some awesome recipes. Super healthy power bars, breads, cakes, cookies and desserts to name just a few. All are free from refined sugar and other nasties. We’ll be sharing them with you over the next few months but here’s a really quick and simple recipe to get you started.
Easy-Peasy, Protein Dessert
Protein per serving: 28 g
Avocados are an amazing health food. They’re full of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals and also contain some protein. They taste awesome in salads and smoothies but they can also double as a healthy replacement for cream in raw dessert and puddings. So by adding an avocado we've created this lush, super high protein chocolate mousse. What a treat! Great after a hard workout session and it takes only a minute to make.
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder (our favourite is our Pro Vegan Blend - Chocolate)
- 1 whole small perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or ½ tsp of stevia powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder for that extra rich chocolate flavour
- 200-250ml of almond, soya, coconut or rice milk
1. Blitz all ingredients together in a blender until you have a thick chocolate mousse.
2. Eat immediately.